The EDDYCON C eddy current flaw detector is intended for:
Detection of surface cracks in various parts.
Finding of cracks in holes and multi-layered structures with the help of rotary scanners.
Recognition of sub-surface flaws in non-magnetic conductive materials.
Evaluation of non-magnetic material conductivity and paint coating thickness.
These devices allow to perform full eddy current testing of aircraft parts in accordance with the requirements of the regulations AIRBUS A318 / A319 / A320 / A321 NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING MANUAL NTM, BOEING 737 NON-DESTRUCTIVE TEST MANUAL.
Eddycon C benefits:
- Easy-to-operate due to user-friendly intuitive interface.
- Light and sound alarms.
- Strict compliance with ISO 15548.
- Tune-out from the influence of working gap and inhomogeneity of electromagnetic properties.
- Saving over 1000 settings and test results to the flaw detector memory.
- Data communication to PC via USB flash drive or Ethernet.
- Specialty software for viewing test results and printing out test reports.
- Application-dependent software for real-time data displaying on a PC.
- Software upgrade using USB flash drives.
- Evaluation of flaw depth.
- Review of saved defectograms on the display of eddy current flaw detector.
- Possibility to connect a temperature sensor and remote ‘Balance’ button (option).
- Quick-release Li-Ion battery for continuous 7-hour operation.
- Lightweight – up to 2 lbs (0.9 kg).
Portability and lightweight
Due to the small size of the eddy current flaw detector, an operator can set it up with one hand only. The device is furnished with a side strap that allows to hold the flaw detector firmly either in right or left hand, while its narrowness helps to easily reach any button on the keypad. Thanks to its light weight, an operator can perform eddy current testing for a long period of time without getting tired.
4.3″ TFT color display with 800×480 pixels resolution ensures a high-definition picture on the screen. The screen has several display modes, such as light, dark, standard
Specialized application-dependent software of the Eddycon C multipurpose eddy current flaw detector serves for processing test results, as well as generating and printing out test reports. The software program allows working with the data saved on PC.
Main advantages of the program are as follows:
- Intuitive user-friendly interface.
- Easy viewing of test results for each frequency mode (Frequency No.1, Frequency No.2 & Mix).
- Generation and storage of electronic reports.
- Data output for each detected flaw, namely:
- flaw location coordinate on a defectogram (if using an encoder);
- signal amplitude and phase;
- flaw depth.
The resulting electronic report contains all basic data on test performed, such as:
- Company name, NDT department and inspector who performed the test.
- Description of a test object.
- All setting parameters of the instrument at the time of testing.
- Parameters of signals coming from defects (amplitude, phase, depth).
- Representation of the signals from defects in a complex plane or strip chart.
- Inspection date.
- Possibility to create reports of other types, when approved by the customer.
|Overall dimensions||9.5″ × 4.4″ × 5.3″ (241 mm × 112 mm × 135 mm)|
|Weight||up to 2 lbs (0.9 kg)|
|Applicable standards||СЕ, ISO 15548|
|Supply mains||100 V to 240 V, 50 Hz – 60 Hz|
|Inputs & outputs||2.0 USB-port (hub), Ethernet (Lemo 4-way), headphones (Lemo 4-way)|
|Keypad||American, International (icons)|
|Operation temperature||-4 to +122° F (-20 to +50°C)|
|Storage temperature||-4 to +122° F (-20 to +50°C)|
|IP rating||IP 64|
|Type||Li-Ion 12V/4500 mA·h|
|Operation time||Normal mode — up to 7 hours; If using rotary scanners — 4 to 5 hours|
|Type||Color TFT (800×480 pixels)|
|Display modes||Normal, full-screen; three color schemes|
|Grid||Three types: coarse, fine, polar|
|Connectivity and data storage|
|PC software||Test results processing program|
|Data storage||MicroSD 4 Gb internal memory card (up to 64 Gb as an option)|
|Frequency range||10 Hz to 16 MHz|
|Probe supply voltage||0.5 V; 1V; 2V; 4V; 6V|
|Additional gain||30 dB|
|Phase rotation||0 to 359.9|
|Digital scale||1/16 to 16, with a step of 6 dB|
|Test frequency||1 to 11 kHz|
|Signal indication time||0.1 s; 0.3 s; 0.5 s; 1 s; 2 s; 3 s; 4 s; 5 s; 8 s|
|Filter||Low-pass: 1 to 5 000 Hz
High-pass: 1 to 5 000 Hz
|Connected probes||Single, Reflection, Bridge|
|Probe connector||Lemo 00, Lemo 12-way / Lemo 16-way|
|Signal display modes||Complex plane – X(y);
Time base – X(t), Y(t);
|Threshold level types||Circle, Threshold, Sector, Trapezium|
|Multi-frequency operation||Dual-frequency multiplexing;
Independent control of both frequencies;
Mix of two frequencies (F1 – F2, F1 + F2)